Welcome to Small Scale Life! This is Season 2 Episode 25, and in this episode, I am completing my interview with Michael Bell from Dallas, Texas. Michael is a husband, dad, teacher, small business owner, body builder, trainer, and urban farmer. In Season 2 Episode 24, Michael and I discussed his urban farm called Half Acre Farm, but that is only one of Michael’s businesses. Michael is also a body builder and fitness trainer, and I had to get his Healthy Lifestyle Advice for those of us just starting out on our journey. What is interesting is that Michael’s advice is similar to what he heard from Kevin Michael Geary in HELP Episode 7. That tells me that these two guys are ON to something….
For all of my homesteader, market gardener and urban farmer friends, you will want to hang through this podcast. In fine Tomres’ fashion (that isn’t a spelling error, by the way…I guess I have a nickname), I swerve the discussion back to his urban farming operation and talk about lessons learned and the future of the Half Acre Farm.
Thank you Michael Bell for spending the time with me and our listeners at Small Scale Life! You are always welcome back to our show, and I am sure we will be talking with you in the near future.
Hammered quads this morning! Heaviest Ive gone in leg press in a few weeks, I've been doing supersets and rest pause so it was nice to get that heavy weight feeling back in the quads. This was the 5th and final set so I went to failure and got 24 reps. Now I have 6 meals to get in to complete a successful day! #gamedaypreworkout
In this podcast, Michael Bell and I discussed the following:
- How did Michael get into Body Building? What is your story?
- Training others (developing a practice and using technology)
- As a body builder, what do you eat?
- What is Michael’s healthy lifestyle advice for people just starting on their journey?
- Lessons Learned in Body Building that translate to Urban Farming
- Future projects and ideas; expansion?
Links for Michael Bell
You can find Michael Bell with the following links:
- Michael Bell on Instagram
- Dallas Half Acre Farm on Instagram
- Michael Bell on Facebook
- Small Scale Life Podcast – Urban Farming in Dallas with Michael Bell – S2E24
- Small Scale Life Facebook Group
Friends of Small Scale Life
Introducing Aussie Flame Weeders, a new friend of Small Scale Life!
Aussie Flame Weeders makes stainless steel flame weeder manifolds. They are making manifold set available this month, and they expect to start shipping them all by the start of November. The manifold set up will contain:
- Custom manifold to suit 30-inch bed
- Five stainless steel German made burners that can removed to be cleaned, changed or replaced
- LPG equipment to suit a standard propane bottle
- Flint lighter
To be in the competition all you have to do is:
- Order a manifold before the October 31, 2017
- Like the Aussie Flame Weeders Facebook page or share the page with fellow urban farming friends.
- Help by providing feedback in a short survey they will email to you if you agree to participating
To find out more:
Check Aussie Flame Weeder out using the following links:
- Aussie Flame Weeder website is www.aussieflameweeders.com
- Aussie Flame Weeder on Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/
A FREE short e-book about flame weeding is available at the website if you sign up to the email list!
Small Scale Life Facebook Group – This group will get you a backstage pass and access to other members of the Small Scale Life Community. We will discuss gardening, healthy lifestyle, frugal living and having adventures along the way! This is also your chance to see what is coming up on Small Scale Life, see some content not shared on the blog, and ask questions of future guests. Join the Small Scale Life Facebook Community today!
Ways to Listen
We have several options for you to listen to the Small Scale Life Podcast. You may listen in the following locations:
Subscribe and Rate on iTunes
Please subscribe to the Small Scale Life iTunes Channel! If you are a subscriber to the Small Scale Life iTunes Channel, please provide a review for the podcast, consider giving a few stars (not going to lie: I want five stars) for the Podcast. I really appreciate you as a listener and your feedback.
To leave a review, simply follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars (five would be awesome)
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but appreciated)
You can also write a longer review, though it is not necessary. Again, thank you for listening, subscribing and leaving your review!