Download (99.3 MB, 1 hr 19 mins)
Have you ever felt like the odds are stacked against you? Have you ever felt like the challenges and obstacles were too great for you or your family? Unfortunately, I bet a lot of us have been there, done that and gotten several t-shirts. I know I have, especially over the last two years. The question is: what methods can you use to keep you moving forward through the difficult times in your life?
In Season 2, Episode 12 of the podcast, I talk with Todd Ehrhardt, a husband, father, entrepreneur, gardener, bodybuilder, martial artist and a diver. Todd has been at the top of the world and deep in the sea (figuratively and literally), and in today’s episode, I talk with Todd about how he and his family were able to move forward in challenging times. This is a good one with really great information, you will want to check out the show notes.
Podcast Topics and Links for Moving Forward in Difficult Times
In this podcast, Todd and I talk about the following topics and links:
- Who is Todd Ehrhardt?
- What is Life’s Adventure Online?
- Body Building, Martial Arts, Motorcross
- Difficult Times – Part 1
- Hip Problems
- Surgeries and Recovery
- Moving Forward – Part 1
- Backup Fitness Facebook Group
- Working with Kids in the Dojo
- “Sometimes to move forward, you have to retract a bit.”
- “People are always watching. When you carry yourself in life, people are ALWAYS watching. What are you putting out into the ether? Are you putting positive energy out there, the best to you can to make a positive change in your life and other people’s lives? Or are you putting a bunch of negative things out into the ether? People will pick up on that and either be attracted to that or run from you.”
- Difficult Times – Part 2
- Jiu Jitsu Tournament – Silver Medal Winner
- Hip Surgery Part 2 (2016)
- Post-Surgery Pain and Problems
- Hip Surgery Part 3 (2017)
- How to Move Forward
- Building Skills; Practicing What He Preaches
- Reading and Audible.com
- Victor Frankl “Man’s Search for Meaning”
- “Learn as much as I can from these difficult times and move forward”
- Noticing Details with Hardship
- Adventure Incorporates Family; They are his Adventure
- Difficulty and Challenges can bring Families Closer
- “Excuses are nothing but lies”
- “You can never be physically fit if you are mentally weak.”
- Dispelling the “things can be worse” excuse
- “People let situations and circumstances define their character and define who they are”
- Learning from Experiences and Trials from a Guy in the Trenches
- Life’s Adventure Online
- Small Business Spawned from Diving
- Sold Diving Gear for Cancer Treatments
- Bought SLR Camera to Use Talent above Water
- Learned Photo Techniques and Film Editing
- Lesson(s) Learned: “Never be afraid to put yourself out there” – Josh Johnson
- What happens in Mexico….
- Size Matters
- Natural Gardening
- Canning and Food Preservation
Friends of Small Scale Life
As I develop friendships in online communities and in real life, I have seen really great people doing great work. For some, I will be setting up affiliates and memberships as this blog and podcasts grow. Please check out these friends and take advantage of their offers below:
- Life Adventure Online – Check out Todd’s webpage here!
- Life’s Adventure Film
- Life’s Adventure Film Instagram
- Life’s Adventure on YouTube
Small Scale Life Facebook Group – This group will get you a backstage pass and access to other members of the Small Scale Life Community. We will discuss gardening, healthy lifestyle, frugal living and having adventures along the way! This is also your chance to see what is coming up on Small Scale Life, see some content not shared on the blog, and ask questions of future guests.
Subscribe and Rate on iTunes
Please subscribe to the Small Scale Life iTunes Channel! If you are a subscriber to the Small Scale Life iTunes Channel, please provide a review for the podcast, consider giving a few stars (not going to lie: I want five stars) for the Podcast. I really appreciate you as a listener and your feedback.
To leave a review, simply follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars (five would be awesome)
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but appreciated)
You can also write a longer review, though it is not necessary. Again, thank you for listening, subscribing and leaving your review!