Winter Driving and Survival Tips – S1E21
Winter is here and hitting the Midwest with all its fury. In the past couple weeks, we have gotten over 12 inches of snow and have endured subzero temperatures. The wind chill in Minnesota has pushed temperatures to -20 to -30 degrees Fahrenheit. It feels like our typical mid-January freeze! In these conditions, winter driving can be treacherous. Since I drive in some remote rural areas, I have started paying close attention to conditions and my own preparations. Of course, things happen fast and sometimes you can find yourself stuck in a drift (yes, it happened yesterday). I did some research about driving and surviving in the cold, and figured it would be helpful to pass this information along to you. This episode is titled Winter Driving and Survival Tips, and is Part 2 of last week’s podcast on Winter Tips which focused on preparing yourself and your house for the winter.
Podcast Topics for Winter Driving and Survival Tips
In this podcast, I discuss the following topics:
- Vehicle Safety Kits
- Winter Driving Tips
- Survival Tips if You are Stuck
During this episode of the Small Scale Life Podcast, I mention the following links:
- Small Scale Life Podcast Season 1 Episode 20: Winter Tips
- Pep Boys: Jump-Starting Your Battery Using Another Car
- Ready Wisconsin: How to Make a Winter Survival Kit
- Small Scale Gardening Facebook Group
- MN-WI Regenerative Agriculture Facebook Group
Rate on iTunes
Since we are now on iTunes, please rate and review the Small Scale Life Podcast. Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog, and I appreciate your reviews.
You can leave a review by following these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars.
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but GREATLY appreciated)!
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
Use the following link to listen to the podcast or listen using the media player below.