In this 184th episode of the Small Scale Life Podcast, we are talking about Grounding and Wellness with Hannah from The Wisconsin Homestead Podcast. Julie and I had so much fun talking with Hannah that I decided to break this conversation into two pieces. If you want to hear the first, check out the Small Scale Life Podcast episode titled “Urban Homesteading with Hannah from The Wisconsin Homestead Podcast.”
Who is Hannah?
Hannah and her husband AJ are fellow travelers in the Homesteading space. Like us, Hannah and AJ are living close to their parents in an urban area. In an effort to live healthier lives and break patterns of the American consumption lifestyle, they started gardening, growing fruit trees and branching out into spirituality, grounding and making things with their hands.
- 1 Hall of Heroes - Gratitude
- 2 Do You have a Side Hustle or Business?
- 3 Grounding with Hannah from The Wisconsin Homestead Podcast
- 4 Watch this Interview!
- 5 Listen to this Episode!
- 6 Get More Small Scale Life
- 7 Support us on Patreon!
- 8 Reviews on iTunes
- 9 Special Thanks
Links for Finding Hannah and AJ
Find Hannah and AJ at the following places:
Hall of Heroes - Gratitude
“It’s hard to have a bad day when you START your day with gratitude.”
As part of intentionally Practicing Gratitude, I am starting this podcast episode by recognizing some folks who have been active on Small Scale Life.
- Maria the Intuitive Energy Healer and her husband Tim for coming to our Third Floor Castle in the Sky on Valentine’s Day and talking with us, eating chili and contemplating what is a more potent smell: our white sage or the weed being smoked down the hall?
- Ryan and Mary from Red Dragon Herbs and Teas for sending some wonderful teas this week. They have been excellent! Julie and I have been sipping on Pomegranate Green Tea, and it is delicious! We really recommend you buy some tea from them. There is a link in the show notes, and you can listen to my conversation with Ryan on the Small Scale Life Podcast.
- Adam Rick for his fun Tik Tock videos (reposed on Instagram) and his answers to some HVAC questions for the Eagles Ridge Project. Find him on A Modern Frontier on Instagram (link in the show notes).
- My E-Peeps – There is a group of good energy people out there that I call my E-Peeps. I wanted to say thank you for the good vibes to Maria, Tim, Trish, Bert, AJ, Hannah, Amy, Jacob, and Jules. Life is a journey, and it is best to walk down the path with good people in your life.
- Most importantly, we want to thank you. Thank you for being part of our Small Scale Life. Let’s learn, do, grow and be a little better everyday together!
Thank all of you for listening to this podcast episode, and if you want a shout out in our next Hall of Heroes, get active and participate on Small Scale Life.
Do You have a Side Hustle or Business?
Some of you have great projects, side hustles or businesses. Perhaps I could learn from you, and it would be FREE advertising for your project, side hustle or idea.
Share your story by being on the Small Scale Life Podcast!
Send a message to me using the Contact Us page on smallscalelife.com. This is your chance to teach us as we continue to learn, do, grow and be a little better everyday!
Grounding with Hannah from The Wisconsin Homestead Podcast
Julie and I had a great conversation about homesteading with Hannah from The Wisconsin Homestead Podcast. About half way through the interview, we pivoted away from homesteading and starting talking about clean eating (Keto and Whole30), grounding, spirituality (energy and the Drum Wash) and of course The Wisconsin Homestead Podcast.
What is “Grounding?”
For those who may not know what “grounding” is,
Grounding is a practice where you walk barefoot, sit, or work outside to contact with the Earth’s surface.
By grounding, you are actually connecting your body to the earth’s energy, and at the same time, you are transferring the earth’s energy from the ground into your body. It really helps you to feel connected to the earth and more at peace. If you don’t believe it, you should give grounding a try!
Why am I talking about this? Well, you’ll see really soon in this podcast episode, and this is part of our Wellness practice on Small Scale Life where we are healing and strengthening our bodies, minds and spirit.
Spending more time emersed in Nature at Eagles Ridge has really shown us the power of being outside. For Julie and me, removing the invasive species from Eagles Ridge has allowed the native plants and trees to breathe again. We are releasing the spirits of the land allowing them to flourish once again.
Beyond invasive species removal, Julie and I are becoming more than owners or stewards of the land; we are becoming part of this land. We feel a sense of accomplishment and a real love for the land, and we want to be there every minute of the day. Soon we’ll be there full time, dear friends, soon!
This is why we are starting to talk about wellness combined with spirituality, but we’ll go more into that in the future.
Watch this Interview!
I created a video of the Grounding with Hannah from the Wisconsin Homestead Podcast, and it is posted on the Small Scale Life YouTube Channel.
Get More Small Scale Life
Find more Small Scale Life at the following places:
The Small Scale Life podcast is on iTunes, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Podbean, Google Play and other podcast apps! Check it out!
Support us on Patreon!
If you like Small Scale Life and wish to contribute, head over to the Small Scale Life Patreon Site here:
Your donation will push us to create more content, and you will get access to content not seen on other platforms.
Join us on Patreon today!
Reviews on iTunes
We love reviews! It helps us grow the show. To leave a review of the Small Scale Life Podcast on iTunes, please follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars.
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but GREATLY appreciated)!
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog, and I appreciate your reviews. I will be reading reviews out on future episodes of the Small Scale Life Podcast!
For Small Scale Life Podcasts, I would like to thank Austin Quinn at Vlog Vibes for the intro and outro music. For more information abut Austin and Vlog Vibes, please see the following:
Vlog Vibes YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY80LeqtJf-YBzJy2TWKpDw
Download Austin’s music here: https://soundcloud.com/vlogvibes