Rebooted Body with Kevin Geary – HELP 7
Have you ever struggled with diet plans? Do you feel overwhelmed with information from family, friends, media, celebrities, and even popular television shows telling you what you should and shouldn’t do to lose weight? How many times have you started a plan, had some success, and then put that weight back on (or put even more weight on your body)? Have you ever just wanted to just wipe it all away and start over?
You aren’t alone if you answered “yes” to one or more of those questions. Let me be honest with you: I am there right now. I answered “yes” to all of those questions tonight. Every. Single. One. I wish it wasn’t the case; I wish I could report that things were going splendidly, and I was well on my way to getting fit and losing weight. That would be a complete bullsh*t.
Drew Sample and I recently interviewed Kevin Geary, blogger, podcaster and creator of Rebooted Body. As he states on Rebooted Body, Kevin is a “leading authority on the psychology of eating. He and his team have helped men and women in over 30 countries around the world get a body and life they love.” Kevin has been there. struggling with is weight since he was a teenager: thin and unhealthy. He used to have really low energy and was addicted to sugar and sugary drinks. Kevin discovered the “Real Food Movement” and lost 40 pounds. It wasn’t until he examined his mindset and understood the “why” behind his eating patterns and confronted those issues that he broke the cycle and started living a healthier lifestyle.
Kevin, Drew and I discussed the following topics in this episode:
- Diet and fitness over the past week and plans for the next week
- Drew and I tell Kevin about our current diets and work out routines
- Kevin leads a great discussion about the inner rebel, willpower and discipline (I can relate to the inner rebel)
- Kevin then discusses the three pillars to healthy living: Eat, Move and Live
- Eat – Eat real foods; our bodies are nutritionally deficient
- Move – The human body needs to move; start by walking every day
- Live – Sleep at least eight hours a day; focus on gut health
For me, this was a powerful podcast that I have been digesting and thinking about a lot recently. I will be doing some more research and self-examination using the Rebooted Body website and platform. I learned a lot from this interview, and I appreciate Drew and Kevin being on this podcast with me.
Kevin, Drew, and I discussed a few different sites, podcasts and video blogs during this episode. The following is a list of those links:.
- Kevin Geary’s Rebooted Body – Drew and I interview Kevin Geary in Episode 7 of the HELP Podcast. Check out his site to “get a body and life you love.”
- Kevin Geary’s YouTube Channel
- Rest Faster – Blog post on Robb Wolf’s site about rest protocols and routines to improve your rest and recovery
- Five Minute Journal – Drew is using the Five Minute Journal to work through issues and develop his mindset
- Headspace – Drew and Scott are using the Headspace application for daily meditation
- Audible Application – Make the most of your mundane tasks and drive time!
Rate on iTunes
I checked iTunes, and we only have three reviews. Thank you for providing a review (you know who you are; I really appreciate it).
We really need some more ratings from listeners, so please rate and review the Podcast. Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog. As you know, people look at reviews before they listen. No reviews or poor reviews mean that no one cares to listen or rate the podcast. You don’t need to write a book or write anything. Just give a few stars (not going to lie: I want five stars) for the Podcast.
You can leave a review by following these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars (five would be awesome)
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but appreciated)
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
Drew and I are not licensed health care or fitness experts. We are not doctors. Please be sure to consult your doctor, dietician or other health care professional about health, fitness or other medical issues. All information shared on the Healthy Lifestyle Podcast and Small Scale Life are for informational and inspirational purposes only.
Use the media player below or iTunes to listen to the podcast.