HELP Episode 8: Mind Games
November and Thanksgiving have come and gone! Can you believe it? Where did the time go? We had a lot of stuff going on in November including the election, Thanksgiving and some major life events. After taking the month of November off, I am back for a “Just Tom” Healthy Lifestyle Podcast. I have to admit that we all play mind games with the holidays, and as I post this podcast, I can probably record a Part 2 to this podcast for surviving the madness and family mind games that rear their heads during the holidays.
I discussed the following topics in this episode:
- November Madness in the World
- Mind Games for Dealing with Chaos
- Update about Drew Sample
- Thanksgiving Reflections
- Visiting a Homestead
- Spending Time with Family and Relatives
- Eating and Drinking During the Holidays
- New Plan and Getting Back to the Gym and Pool
During the podcast, I discussed a few different sites, podcasts, videos and blogs. The following is a list of those links:.
- Episode 7 of the HELP Podcast – Drew and I interview Kevin Geary about what we are doing and about the three pillars to healthy living: Eat, Move and Live
- Thanksgiving Reflections – I wrote a post about Thanksgiving and some other thoughts I had about the blog and podcast
- How to Make Cranberry-Jalapeno Jelly – I posted a how-to article for making cranberry-jalapeno jelly
- Sample Hour Episode 127 – Drew talks about his job situation before interviewing Ray Tyler from Rose Creek Farms
- Kevin Geary’s Rebooted Body – Drew and I interview Kevin Geary in Episode 7 of the HELP Podcast. Check out his site to “get a body and life you love”
- Kevin Geary’s YouTube Channel
- Speak Out Game – A great game we played over Thanksgiving. See the video above
- Linkee – Another game we played recently. Really fun game
Rate on iTunes
We really need some more ratings from listeners, so please rate and review the Podcast. Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog. As you know, people look at reviews before they listen. No reviews or poor reviews mean that no one cares to listen or rate the podcast. You don’t need to write a book or write anything. Just give a few stars (not going to lie: I want five stars) for the Podcast.
You can leave a review by following these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars (five would be awesome)
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but appreciated)
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
Drew and I are not licensed health care or fitness experts. We are not doctors. Please be sure to consult your doctor, dietician or other health care professional about health, fitness or other medical issues. All information shared on the Healthy Lifestyle Podcast and Small Scale Life are for informational and inspirational purposes only.
Use the media player below or iTunes to listen to the podcast.