“Your goal is your destination; your budget is your road map.”Julie Domres – Small Scale Life
Do you have dreams and goals? Are you making progress towards achieving those goals? For some people, it is difficult to dream. Others have big plans and goals, but they do not execute and take steps towards making those dreams a future reality. In this podcast, Julie and I discuss How to Dream Big, Set Goals and Take Steps to Achieve Them.
Dreaming big and setting those goals are the “Secret Sauce” behind budgeting. You are developing powerful “whys” for those times when you are tempted to engage in retail therapy, splurge on meals or rack up massive credit card debt to impress people you don’t particularly like!
As we discuss in this podcast, you need to start with your powerful why. Before you begin budgeting, you need to do some deep thinking and dreaming about what you want your life to look like in 10 years, 3 years and 1 year. Once you have this vision set, you can focus on developing your budget that will set you up to achieve your dreams successfully!
We’ll share with you how to dream big, set goals and take the steps to achieve them in this podcast. How do we know they work? Because we are using this to achieve our goals too!
- 1 Topics for How to Dream, Big Set Goals and Take the Steps to Achieve Them
- 2 Your Assignments for This Week
- 3 Coming up in the Future
- 4 Subscribe to Small Scale Life!
- 5 Listen to the Podcast
- 6 Special Thanks
Topics for How to Dream, Big Set Goals and Take the Steps to Achieve Them
It has been a busy couple months here at the Small Scale Life Urban Homestead. Julie and I have been busy with yard and garden projects, and we have been taking an intense class. Why would we take a class? It is all part of how we starting to dream big, set goals and take steps to achieve them! Julie and I are getting better at what we are doing to better serve you, the listener and follower of Small Scale Life.
Julie and I covered the following topics in this week’s podcast:
Knowledge Business Blueprint Course
- Knowledge Business Blueprint is a course developed by Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi
- KBB is helping us learn about how to do a better job with blogging, podcasting, developing content.
- A big part of this program is personal development
- We are learning a lot about building an online business from Jenna Kutcher as well
Budgeting – Start with the Why
- Why gives us the purpose – gives us a target to aim for especially when life gets tough or you are going through a long grind
- Set big goals for where you are heading in life.
- Go from Survive to Thrive – Our Journey towards Financial Freedom
Vision and Planning: Dream Big and Set Goals
- Dare to Dream, even when it is hard to dream
- Go to a place that you can dream (your happy place; a place that inspires you).
- Tune out the noise and clutter in your life
- Think about where you are in 10 years, 3 years and 1 year from now; what does it look like? Where are you?
- Align your life and budget with why’s and the vision of your life
- Budgeting is like running a marathon or driving on a long trip: the goal is the destination; the budget is the road map
Schedule a Vision Meeting with Your Partner
- Get out of your house and your routine
- Dress up an go to a place to talk to your partner (restaurant – a great date idea!)
Schedule Regular Check-In Meetings
- Schedule regular check-in meetings with your partner. Julie and I are getting together each quarter
- Check your progress
- Adjust your plans and budgets as life happens and you achieve goals
- Of course, celebrate the small and bigger wins together!
Your Assignments for This Week
Julie and I have some homework for you this week. Here is your assignment:
- Dream and discover your whys. Go to your “happy place” and dare yourself to dream.
- Create a “vision board” that has pictures of what you are dreaming about.
- Schedule a Vision Meeting with your Accountability Partner. Get out of your house and your routine. Make it special; make a date out of it. Enjoy the moments and get on the same page with your partner.
- Schedule Regular “Check-In” Meetings – Celebrate progress and make adjustments as needed with your partner
Coming up in the Future
Julie and I have been working on a number of projects, podcasts and freebies for you in the future. We are looking forward to the following podcasts and posts coming up:
- Budgeting Podcast
- September Emergency Preparedness Month – Emergency Fund Challenge!
- Podcast with Drew Demler from Big Tex Urban Farms
- Podcast with Michael Bell from Dallas Half Acre Farms
- Gardening Posts, Podcasts and Videos – there is a lot going on in the garden this year
Subscribe to Small Scale Life!
Are you getting updates on Small Scale Life? Did you know that Facebook only shares our content with 4% to 6% of our audience?
Make sure you stay up to date with what is happening at Small Scale Life by subscribing today! We will be sharing freebies and extra content not seen here on Small Scale Life with members on our e-mail list, so you will want to sign up today!
Listen to the Podcast
Click on the links below to listen to this podcast!
Or listen on these podcast apps:
Special thanks to Austin Quinn from Vlog Vibes for the work on the Small Scale Life Theme Music. Check out his work on his YouTube Channel!