I hate cauliflower. It’s true; I truly hate it. I have never grown it in my garden, and I will only eat cauliflower if it is dunked in some veggie dip, ranch dressing or melted cheese dip. That doesn’t sound too healthy, does it?
Recently, Julie and I started a detox challenge in an effort to kick off the New Year, the 2018 Kwitchyerbellyakin Fitness Challenge and our overall healthy lifestyle. We were looking for a rice substitution, and Julie found a cauliflower rice recipe. The reason we were looking for a rice substitute is that rice, particularly white rice) can be incredibly processed once it is harvested (i.e., milled and bleached).
I digress. I made this recipe to go with a chicken dish, and Julie and I were pleasantly surprised with the results!
Since starting the detox challenge and discovering this recipe, I have actually changed my perspective on cauliflower and might actually add it to my 2018 garden! Believe it or not!
Give this recipe a try. You will be pleasantly surprised!
Hate Cauliflower? Try this Paleo Cauliflower Rice Recipe!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil can be substituted
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium white onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower and drain.
- Remove the "curd" or smaller heads from the main stem.
- Discard the stem and leaves.
- Place the curd in a food processor (we use an attachment on our Ninja).
- Pulse the food processor under the curd is broken down into rice-sized pieces.
- Chop or grind the onion and garlic in the processor.
- Heat coconut in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to the skillet.
- Cover skillet and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff 'rice' with a fork.