#Gardenchat with Bren Haas – S1E12
When I started Small Scale Gardening in 2014, I wandered into the world of Twitter to see what it was all about. On some Monday night, I found my way onto GardenChat session and discovered a tribe of really fantastic gardeners. The leader of this tribe was a very interesting woman named Bren Haas. Over the past year, we have had a lot of fun getting to know each other and sharing information, and I have had the opportunity to be a guest writer on her blog and host a session of #Gardenchat!
Bren is a gardener, blogger, podcaster, “people collector” and all around great person. On her rural property in Ohio, Bren and her husband have a variety of gardens, a pond, a greenhouse and a Bio Dome! At the same time, her blog and social media empire keeps her very busy online, but she has a great blog full of interesting gardening articles and fantastic recipes. Her recipes have even been recognized and published by Better Homes and Gardens!
- Finding Rural Property
- Ponds and Fish
- Internet Availability
- Pests (Deer, Rabbits and Gophers – oh my!)
- Introduction to Growing (and Killing) Plants
- Her Gardens
- Hatred of Weeding
- Her Greenhouse
- Her Bio Dome
- Future Projects
Blogging and Podcasting
- Interviews and People Collecting
- What She’s Learned
Check out latest on the Bio Dome here!
We appreciate the time Bren Haas spent with us on the Small Scale Life Podcast. I apologize that it took a month to post this podcast! Thank you for your patience. Bren was a fantastic guest: really fun to talk with and totally on the same wavelength. I really appreciated her insights about rural living and the tips she provided to me (and now all of you). I wish her the best of luck in the garden, in her Bio Dome, and on her social media empire, and I hope she will be back on the show someday in the future. After all, we need to see how that Bio Dome is working out!
I would also like to thank Austin from Beatsby_Roi for providing permission for using the song “Steady Wzdm” from The Lemon Water Chronicles, Volume 1, on the podcast. I would also like to thank Dillon from The Soapbox Collective Podcast for helping to connect with Austin.
Bren Haas and I talked about the following links during the podcast (and there were a lot of them):
- Creative Living & Growing with Bren – Bren’s blog and links to her podcast
- Gardenchat Twitter Page – Gardenchat happens on 9 PM Eastern on Mondays
- Creative Living & Growing with Bren Twitter Page
- Creative Living & Growing Podcast – Bren’s Podcast
- Creative Living & Growing YouTube Channel
- Creative Living & Growing with Bren Facebook Page
- Creative Living & Growing with Bren Instagram Page
- Garden Blogger’s Fling
- Scot Poirier from Gotta Grow It!
- Niki Jabbour from Savvy Gardening
- Pam Tallon and Growing North
- Drew Sample from The Sample Hour
- Scott Hebert from Flavourful Farms
- Charles Hugh Smith from Of Two Minds
Use the following link to listen to the podcast. Since we are now on iTunes, please rate and review the Small Scale Life Podcast. Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog, and I appreciate your reviews. You can leave a review by following these simple steps:
- Click on this link.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on 5 stars.
- Subscribe to the podcast!
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!