In this Small Scale Life YouTube video and Podcast Episode, I am having Tea Time with Red Dragon Herbs and Teas. We are going to be talking about backyard homesteading and starting a small business from home. Who knows? Maybe Ryan’s story will motivate you to try that small side hustle that brings in extra income for you and your family. You never know!
Red Dragon Herbs and Teas is a small tea business from Des Moines, Iowa. Ryan and Mary Lewellin started Red Dragon Herbs and Teas in 2015, and they have grown the business through word of mouth and at local (and sometimes not so local) farmer’s markets. This is their story of international travel and tea tasting, humble beginnings, government regulations and overcoming them all.
It’s tea time! Grab your favorite cup of tea, put on your headphones and enjoy the show!
Hall of Heroes – Gratitude
“It’s hard to have a bad day when you START your day with gratitude.”
These folks have reached the Hall of Heroes for this episode of the Small Scale Life Podcast:
- Ryan and Mary from Red Dragon Herbs and Teas for reaching out and being great folks to work with for this interview and podcast episode. I wish them the best of luck and can’t wait to taste their wonderful teas.
- Dan, Sue and Jules for all their work removing buckthorn off of Eagle’s Ridge, building Billy Goat’s Gruff and working on the stair project. Julie and I recently introduced the Eagle’s Ridge Homestead, and we are in love with the land and the people there. We can’t wait to talk about this more with you; things are really moving forward with some big projects on the drawing board. At the same time, I have been uploading progress videos on the Small Scale Life YouTube Channel. Go there to check things out! You can also check out my videos on our Lbry/Odysee Channel as well. Feel free to subscribe and help us grow on a free speech platform!
- Maria the Intuitive Energy Healer and her husband Tim for having us to their place, having an energy healing session, dinner and Cards Against Humanity. Laughter is the best medicine, and it was a fantastic night.
- My family, especially my young men and Savannah. They are special people who are starting to spread their wings, and they make me laugh whenever we are together.
Thank all of you for listening to this podcast episode, and if you want a shout out in our next Hall of Heroes, get active and participate on Small Scale Life.
What are you grateful for? Maybe you should tell that person or that organization (or favorite podcaster). Give it a try!
Another Milestone and a Special Thank You!
Finally….I am so grateful for ALL of you!
Ladies and gentlemen, I have a special announcement for all of you: this morning, we broke 130,000 downloads of the Small Scale Life Podcast on our current hosting service Fireside.FM.
This is an incredible milestone for us, and I am so grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening to this humble podcast, laughing at my jokes, enjoying the guests and being there for us through thick and thin, even during the hard times this summer when the whole world around us was literally burning down in Minneapolis. Thank you for reaching out and offering help and sticking with us when we disappeared for 6 months.
We have come a long way in our 5 years, and I am proud of what we have accomplished. We started with nothing, and we have come a long way.
I am really excited for what Julie and I are planning next. We are going to build something that will inspire you to start homesteading, gardening, making money, saving money and/or building a tribe no matter where you are in this world. We are going to inspire you as much as you inspire us to keep going and pushing forward.
Thank you for listening. Thank you for being part of our Small Scale Life. Let’s learn, do, grow and be a little better everyday together!
Do You have a Side Hustle or Business?
Some of you have great projects, side hustles or businesses. Perhaps I could learn from you, and it would be FREE advertising for your project, side hustle or idea.
Be like our guest today and share your story by being on the Small Scale Life Podcast!
Send a message to me using the Contact Us page on smallscalelife.com. This is your chance to teach us as we continue to learn, do, grow and be a little better everyday!
Red Dragon Herbs and Teas
Source of photo: Red Dragon Herbs and Teas; used with permission
Speaking of Escape Velocity and Small Businesses, my guest Ryan actually reached out to me after listening to my show with Glen Tate, Shelby Gallagher and Mr. Tactical. He wanted to tell his story about backyard homesteading and starting a small business. Seemed like a perfect match to me, and after some emailing back and forth, Ryan and I got together to talk homesteading and tea.
Welcome to tea time!
As you’ll hear in the show, Ryan did provide a discount code for the Small Scale Life Audience. To use the code, follow these steps:
2. Order your favorite teas (and some for your family and friends)
3. Use coupon code “ilovetea” when ordering your tea for a discount
4. Do it! Do it now!
I hope you order some tea and enjoy it. I have gotten into teas, and we have some that we are ordering from our friends at Red Dragon Herbs and Teas. We are going to shop in our Lifer community more in 2021, and this is a great way to kick off that Resolution!
For Small Scale Life Podcasts, I would like to thank Austin Quinn at Vlog Vibes for the intro and outro music. For more information abut Austin and Vlog Vibes, please see the following:
Vlog Vibes YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY80LeqtJf-YBzJy2TWKpDw
Download Austin’s music here: https://soundcloud.com/vlogvibes
Reviews on iTunes
We love reviews! It helps us grow the show. To leave a review of the Small Scale Life Podcast on iTunes, please follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars.
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but GREATLY appreciated)!
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog, and I appreciate your reviews. I will be reading reviews out on future episodes of the Small Scale Life Podcast!