This is Season 2, Episode 24 of the Small Scale Life Podcast, and I have a great interview lined up for you today. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you will have a break from my monologues with this podcast. I am SURE there is much rejoicing with that news. In this episode, I am interviewing a husband, dad, teacher, small business owner, body builder, trainer, and urban farmer! This gentleman’s name is Michael Bell. He is a fellow kindred spirit from down in Texas, and in Part 1 of our two part interview, we are talking urban farming!
He is not only a mountain of muscle, but he also owns and operates Half Acre Farm. Inspired by some of my heroes including Gary Vee, Curtis Stone and JM Fortier, Michael is carving out his organic footprint in a quiet spot six miles from down Downtown Dallas. It is pretty cool talking with Michael, and I learned a lot from him. Whether it is starting your own small business (not necessarily urban farming) or getting fit, I think there is something for everyone in these next two podcasts!
In this podcast, Michael Bell and I discussed the following:
- Who is Michael Bell?
- What was your first gardening experience?
- Why urban farming?
- Influences and inspiration
- Business model and clients
- Challenges and solutions
- Future projects
In Part 2 of this interview, we discuss body building and the journey to develop a healthy lifestyle.
Links for Michael Bell
You can find Michael Bell with the following links:
- Michael Bell on Instagram
- Dallas Half Acre Farm on Instagram
- Michael Bell on Facebook
- Small Scale Life Facebook Group – Yes, folks, I added him….shhhhhh!
Friends of Small Scale Life
Introducing Aussie Flame Weeders, a new friend of Small Scale Life!
Aussie Flame Weeders makes stainless steel flame weeder manifolds. They are making manifold set available this month, and they expect to start shipping them all by the start of November. The manifold set up will contain:
- Custom manifold to suit 30-inch bed
- Five stainless steel German made burners that can removed to be cleaned, changed or replaced
- LPG equipment to suit a standard propane bottle
- Flint lighter
To be in the competition all you have to do is:
- Order a manifold before the October 31, 2017
- Like the Aussie Flame Weeders Facebook page or share the page with fellow urban farming friends.
- Help by providing feedback in a short survey they will email to you if you agree to participating
To find out more:
Check Aussie Flame Weeder out using the following links:
- Aussie Flame Weeder website is www.aussieflameweeders.com
- Aussie Flame Weeder on Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/
A FREE short e-book about flame weeding is available at the website if you sign up to the email list!
Small Scale Life Facebook Group – This group will get you a backstage pass and access to other members of the Small Scale Life Community. We will discuss gardening, healthy lifestyle, frugal living and having adventures along the way! This is also your chance to see what is coming up on Small Scale Life, see some content not shared on the blog, and ask questions of future guests. Join the Small Scale Life Facebook Community today!
Ways to Listen
We have several options for you to listen to the Small Scale Life Podcast. You may listen in the following locations:
Subscribe and Rate on iTunes
Please subscribe to the Small Scale Life iTunes Channel! If you are a subscriber to the Small Scale Life iTunes Channel, please provide a review for the podcast, consider giving a few stars (not going to lie: I want five stars) for the Podcast. I really appreciate you as a listener and your feedback.
To leave a review, simply follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars (five would be awesome)
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but appreciated)
You can also write a longer review, though it is not necessary. Again, thank you for listening, subscribing and leaving your review!