Greg Burns on Tribe and Homesteading – S2E2
Deep in the woods in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in Ohio roams a bearded hillbilly man. He is carving out his existence on his homestead, providing for his family and growing a community of like-minded families. This man is Greg Burns. He is a dedicated husband, dad, homesteader, promotor of Old Ways and leader of tribes called the Lumbersquatches and Get Stuff Done Crew.
I have been looking forward to this interview. Greg, his wife and his family have boldly gone where Julie and I want to go: to a homestead in a rural location. Through trial and error, they are learning the Old Ways of how to rear great kids, raise animals, grow food, and develop a sustainable homestead. Greg is practical and straightforward, and I really appreciate his honest insight. He has been there and done that!
I am also honored to announce that this podcast is also tied to the launching of the Brand New Nature’s Image Farm Webpage – CHECK IT OUT! When you place orders using the code “SSL,” you will receive a 10% OFF all nursery stock plus FREE shipping. It is time to plant, so why not order something from Nature’s Image Farm? Even if you do not buy anything, this is a going to be a great resource for new homesteaders like me. Check out the Homestead How-To Page for more hillbilly homesteading information!
Podcast Topics for my Interview with Greg Burns
In this podcast, Greg and I discuss the following topics:
- Introduction – Who is Greg Burns?
- Why homesteading?
- Hunting on 5 acres
- Livestock (moo, oink and cluck)
- Trees and Tree Farms
- Plans and Dreams for Future Homesteads
- Building Small Community and Tribe
- The Gift of Time
- The Old Ways
- Living in Small Spaces with Big Hearts and with a Purpose
- Working with Spouses as a Team
- Making and Enjoying Homemade Mead and Wines
- Butchering and Preserving Hogs using the Old Ways
- Tribes/Small Communities
- Get Stuff Done Crew
- Tips for Buying Rural Land
Greg and I discussed the following links on this podcast:
- Brand New Nature’s Image Farm Webpage – CHECK IT OUT! Remember, any orders using the code “SSL” will receive a 10% OFF all nursery stock plus FREE shipping. It is time to plant, so why not order something from Nature’s Image Farm?
- Nature’s Image Farm on Social Media
- Sample Hour Podcast with Drew Sample and Greg Burns
- Kevin Geary Rebooted Body Podcast – RB099: Epic Food to Nourish Your Body with Taylor Collins
Subscribe and Rate on iTunes
Please consider becoming a subscriber to the Small Scale Life iTunes Channel. Subscribers and ratings from listeners help us grow the podcast and the blog. As you know, people look at subscribers and reviews before they listen. Few subscribers and few reviews mean that no one cares to listen or rate the podcast. Please click subscribe, and you will get notices when a new podcast is available.
If you provide a review for the podcast, consider giving a few stars (not going to lie: I want five stars) for the Podcast. I really appreciate you as a listener and your feedback.
To leave a review, simply follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars (five would be awesome)
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but appreciated)
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
We have several options for you to listen to the Small Scale Life Podcast. You may listen in the following locations:
YouTube – will be posted soon
You may also listen here at Small Scale Life using the Blubrry media player below.