On this 189th Episode of the Small Scale Life Podcast, I am talking homestead hunting, Roberts Rules, grounding and gardening with Letti Loo from the Liberty All Day Blog, Podcast and Vlog.
Letti is a busy person! She is married and has a busy little boy, and along with her own platform, she is a co-host on the 80’s Mom Podcast and has her own virtual assistant company called Parli Pro Consulting as well.
Like Julie and I, Letti and her family are escaping Chicago and returning to the land. They want to get back to a place and a life that makes sense. They want the liberty and freedom to become who they want to be, grow their own food, have some animals, build a community and do something simply magnificent in a beautiful place.
They are on the path that so many urbanites and suburbanites are on right now: escaping the large cities, the rules and the chaos. The land rush is on, and prices are climbing and property is scarce. Homestead hunting has been really tough and intense because potential places are sold sight unseen and as-is for premium prices. Will Letti and her family find that oasis in the sea of confusion?
I know they will!
Remember, dear Letti, good things are coming. It will work out and you will get the right place for you. Keep your chin up as your keep homestead hunting.
Speak it; claim it; believe it!
Hall of Heroes – Gratitude
“It’s hard to have a bad day when you START your day with gratitude.”
These folks have reached the Hall of Heroes for this episode of the Small Scale Life Podcast:
- Letti Loo for spending her time with me for this interview. Letti and her family will be in Wisconsin soon, and I wish her all the luck on her homestead hunt, virtual assistant business, multiple podcasts, Odysee, and Liberty All Day Blog.
- Amy Dingmann for being a great friend and putting out some amazing Itty Bitty Thoughts on her YouTube Channel. Today’s message was absolutely perfect and will be the subject of some future videos and posts.
- Jacob from the Wisdom of Odin for putting out some very good thoughts about connecting with Nature and disconnecting from the electronic haze of Modern Western Civilization.
- The Pine Hill Cottage on Instagram for being a kindred spirit in the Wisconsin woods and interacting with us a lot!
- My E-Peeps – There is a group of good energy people out there that I call my E-Peeps. I wanted to say thank you for the good vibes to Maria, Tim, Trish, Bert, AJ, Hannah, Amy, Greg, Cal, Jules, Jacob from the Wisdom of Odin and Sean from Osi and the Jupiter. Yes, my list of E-Peeps is growing, and that is really exciting! Life is a journey, and it is best to walk down the path with good people in your life. I feel like I need to connect all of these interesting people together somehow. I need to meditate on that!
- Most importantly, we want to thank you. Thank you for being part of our Small Scale Life. Let’s learn, do, grow and be a little better everyday together!
Thank all of you for listening to this podcast episode, and if you want a shout out in our next Hall of Heroes, get active and participate on Small Scale Life.
What are you grateful for? Maybe you should tell that person or that organization (or favorite podcaster). Give it a try!
Amy Dingmann’s Itty Bitty Thoughts: “A Peg in Many Holes”
Amy Dingmann is a good friend of mine. She is a smart, witty writer, blogger, podcast and vlogger. She posted this today, and it hit me upside the head like a ton of bricks….but in a good way! I will be putting my thoughts down and creating some posts, podcasts and videos together on this topic.
It is THAT important and the message I needed to hear right now.
Watch this one: you just might need to hear it too! Make sure you subscribe to her Channel because she is really creating fascinating and poignant content.
Check out the Eagles Ridge Barndominium Platform!
Julie has been posting pictures and comments on the Eagles Ridge Barndominium Instagram Account and Eagles Ridge Barndominium Facebook Page. You can see progress updates on our fire pit, our DIY restoration projects and of course the Eagles Ridge Barndominium!
Don’t worry, fam, we will have the Eagles Ridge YouTube and Odysee Channel soon too!
As we are rolling into spring, things are getting real! We have all of our contractors lined up (the builder and the trades) and we have a number of permits in place. We just got back our revised plans, and we are almost ready to submit the Building Permit.
As soon as we get that Building Permit and Spring Road Restrictions are taken down, it is Go Time! Stay tuned…it is about to get real!
Links: Homestead Hunting and Liberty All Day Long with Letti Loo
We covered a lot of ground in this podcast, and Letti Loo casts the net wide! During the Homestead Hunting and Liberty All Day Long with Letti Loo Episode, we discussed the following links:
Parli Pro Consulting – Letti’s Small Business
Liberty All Day Blog and Platform
80’s Mom Podcast
Get More Small Scale Life
Find more Small Scale Life at the following places:
The Small Scale Life podcast is on iTunes, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Podbean, Google Play and other podcast apps! Check it out!
Support us on Patreon!
If you like Small Scale Life and wish to contribute, head over to the Small Scale Life Patreon Site here:
Your donation will push us to create more content, and you will get access to content not seen on other platforms.
Join us on Patreon today!
For Small Scale Life Podcasts, I would like to thank Sean at Osi and the Jupiter for the intro song "Harvest." Sean wrote this specifically for us, and I really enjoy all of his work. You can find more Osi and the Jupiter at their Bandcamp site: https://osifolk.bandcamp.com/
I would also like to thank Austin Quinn at Vlog Vibes for the intro and outro music. For more information abut Austin and Vlog Vibes, please see the Vlog Vibes YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY80LeqtJf-YBzJy2TWKpDw
Reviews on iTunes
We love reviews! It helps us grow the show. To leave a review of the Small Scale Life Podcast on iTunes, please follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars.
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but GREATLY appreciated)!
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog, and I appreciate your reviews. I will be reading reviews out on future episodes of the Small Scale Life Podcast!