Failing Forward: Losing Weight, Gaining Muscle, Having Discipline – HELP 5
It is October and it is time for the Healthy Lifestlye Podcast! In this Episode, Drew and I start by discussing losing weight and gaining muscle. We both have been struggling in our weight loss challenges, and we discussed perfectionism and discipline (or lack thereof). Drew brought our friend Scott Hebert into the conversation about half way through the podcast, and we has a great discussion about journaling, meditation, routines and discipline. It is great listening to and learning from Scott since he lost 60-70 pounds right after high school. You can listen to Scott’s story about losing weight and getting healthy on the Small Scale Life Podcast Season 1, Episode 9.
Scott, Drew and I discussed the following topics:
- Pre-podcast schenanigans – Drew and I were figuring out how to record the podcast, and I obviously was not listening to and comprehending what he was saying. It is entertaining, even though we both were swearing during this segment. As a word of caution: there is swearing in this podcast (in case you are listening with your kids)
- Diet and fitness over the past week and plans for the next week
- Lifting weights and supplements
- Discipline and routines
- Journaling and meditation (the woo woo stuff)
- Types of people and their success – Coolers, Closers and Cleaners
- Making the bed with throw pillows
- What should the Healthy Lifestlye Podcast focus on in future shows
Scott Hebert has a YouTube Channel, and I thought this discussion about starting a farm while working another job applies to losing weight as well. It ties directly into his discussion with us about discipline.
Drew, Scott and I discussed a few different sites, podcasts and video blogs during this episode. Here is a list of those links:
- The Sample Hour – Drew’s blog and podcast page
- Failing Forward Podcast Week 30 – The last podcast of Drew and Scott’s urban farming season
- Half Size Me Podcast 242: Why You Must Let Go Of Perfectionism – Julie found a new podcast and blogger (to us, anyway) that focuses on losing weight and maintaining your weight once you lose it. This is an interesting podcast on perfectionism, and that is something I struggle with occasionally. Check this out!
- Rest Faster – Blog post on Robb Wolf’s site about rest protocols and routines to improve your rest and recovery
- Five Minute Journal – Drew is using the Five Minute Journal to work through issues and develop his mindset
- Bullet Journal – Check out this Getting Started page. This looks really interesting!
- Headspace – Drew and Scott are using the Headspace application for daily meditation
- Ryan Holiday Meditations on Strategy of Life blog
- Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable – Tim S. Grover
- Audible Application – Make the most of your mundane tasks and drive time!
Rate on iTunes
I checked iTunes, and we only have a couple of reviews. I REALLY would like some more ratings from listeners, so please rate and review the Podcast. Ratings and reviews help us grow the podcast and the blog, and I appreciate your reviews. You don’t need to write a book or write anything. Just give a few (preferrably five) for the Podcast.
You can leave a review by following these simple steps:
- Click on this link or the image above.
- Go to ratings and reviews.
- Click on the number stars (five would be awesome)
- Subscribe to the podcast (optional, but appreciated)!
- You can also write a quick review or some words of encouragement (optional, but appreciated)
You can also write a longer review, though it’s not necessary. Again, thank you for listening and your review!
Drew and I are not licensed health care or fitness experts. We are not doctors. Please be sure to consult your doctor, dietician or other health care professional about health, fitness or other medical issues. All information shared on the Healthy Lifestyle Podcast and Small Scale Life are for informational and inspirational purposes only.
Use the following link to listen to the podcast.